Hairstyles for Work
I hope you haven't been caught in the rain! It seems like it's safe to say that we have officially entered Autumn!
Following California and New York crown law ban, outlawing natural hair discrimination, there has been a call for a similar law in the UK. You can sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/uk-government-ban-hair-discrimination-in-the-uk
With this, I thought to put together a list of suggestions for afro hairstyles for work. Our hair is very versatile and we can create a range of hairstyles for a variety of locations - and that is inclusive of work- despite the completely flawed 'unkempt' stereotype.
We apologise again and ask you to please bear with us, as we stock products. Remember to save Sunday 20th October in your diaries for our Back To School event. There's more information to come soon. Thank you for your patience.
1. Dreadlocks -If you have locks you can twist the roots to create a nice patterned style such as the ones in this picture:
2. Afro puff - This is a classic hairstyle that you can wear practically anywhere! There are little things you can do with it to enhance the style. For example, braiding or flat-twisting the front of your hair.
3. Flat Twists into a bun - If you'd like a tight sleek look, you could try flat twist your hair in sections and tie it up into a bun.
View this post on Instagram
Starting your week off with some Juicy Twist…because what's better? Nada! I have a pre-box braids tutorial up for all my protective style challenge participants. It’s pretty quick and easy. I achieved this look using the Curl Essence Moisturizing Curl Activator, Curl Cream and Healthy Edges with Jamaican Black Castor Oil & Coconut Oil by @KeraCareOfficial. Link for the video in my bio. #curlessence #AD #kcbykeracare #keracare #whenitallmatters
4. Braid Out Bob - There are so many different types of briding patterns you can do to achieve the desired shape you like. Afro hair is so versatile!
5. Crown braids- These are similar to french braids but tend to go in a more circular format.
Check out this crown braid tutorial: